
Hello.
Dumb luck. Seriously dumb luck. I have serious dumb luck. Seriously. Recently I haven't got much luck with my electronics. To start it off, my imac crashed and caused me to lose all my data (recovery costs 1.9K), my charger went missing, adapter explodes, earphones pop, handphone goes looney, air conditioning start dripping... Not a very happy picture. Really.
But other from that, everything else ain't so bad. The house's decorating progress has been going well and all that's left now is just some minor-major details. Dad's going to China tomorrow for a business trip so the decor shopping is on hold for two weeks. We held a housewarming party part one recently and it was pretty good. Sure, I had to put on a smiley face and listen to relatives share their thoughts - thoughts about the house, thoughts about my Mother, thoughts about my navy life, thoughts about their lives. But when I turned up the volume of my PC and played all our family moment archives, everyone lit up and started talking about the good old days.
Ahma, of course started her story on how I was a crybaby then and whenever I walk into a room, uncles would cheer, "Oh here comes the engine." Come to think of it, I was a big wuss then and cried about almost everything. I cried when I needed to pee, I cried when people called me a 'peanut' and I cried when my sister cried.
Talking about crying, I remember crying when I was first interrogated by this small wannabe beng in secondary school. Being the ignorant idiot I am, I almost peed in my pants when he said he wanted to 'dio jui' (direct translation it means 'drop water'. some dialect for calling a gang, i think the word derived from a very complex, abstract concept of rain) Well, long story short. I cried. Loud. Well, loud enough to catch the attention of the class girl-geek to walk over to my desk to ask me to shut up.
Another time was when I was attacked by a jar of mealworms. I was in primary school and we had some kind of experiment where we were required to poke worms, there was this friend who I always thought had some weird psycho quality to him. His name was Kenneth. Sigh, most of the Kenneths I know are psycho. Anyway, he was bored and he was like, "Eh, Shawn. Look! Weeeee!" I turned and there was a matrix effect - a swirl of mealworms spiraling in midair... twirling, turning towards me and..... "BWAHHHH!!!" I cried. I cried as the class girls sprang up from their seats and swept the worms away. I think I became delusional that day, I kept seeing worms everywhere - in my pencil box, on the floor, in my hair, in my teacher's eyes... Very scary.
Oh, one last one. Qiu Tian De Tong Hua, the ultimate best korean drama. I remember being very macho about it when my friends first handed me the dvds. "Pfft. Cry? It's just a show about some cancer girl." The next thing I knew, I was curdling my pillow wailing, "WHHHHHYYYYY!!!! Ni hen chan ah. En Xiiii...!!!" Hahahahah. I bet CJ can share my sentiments.
Lastly, I watched this chick flick today, License to Wed, and yea. I didn't cry. Screw this. I want to end this post but can't do it proficiently. So there you go.
End.

<< Home